[rancid] cisco login prompt changes

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Fri Dec 7 20:59:35 UTC 2018

>     Dear Cisco,  Please stop making changes for the sake of change.

I have a suspicion It's a case of different business units having different standards.
CatOS... ok not this one anymore
IOS (classic, router)
IOS (classic, switch)
IOS (current, router)
IOS (current, switch)
IOS XE pre-16
IOS XE 16+
IOS XR
NX-OS N3k
NX-OS N5k (different than above)
NX-OS N7k (different than above)z
NX-OS N9k (different than above)
NX-OS MDS (different than above)
NX-OS UCS (different than above)
ASA
Wireless
etc.....

On 12/7/18, 2:49 PM, "heasley" <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

    Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 10:08:50AM +0000, Wayne Eisenberg:
    > Hi,
    >
    > BTW, I've been seeing on a few cisco devices where the username prompt is now 'User Name:' or 'User name:' instead of 'user name:'. Should the next rancid version update the 'set u_prompt' line to something like
    >         set u_prompt "(\[Uu]sername|Login|login|\[Uu]ser \[Nn]ame|User):"
    > to account for the possible case change?
    >
    > Wayne

    yes.

    Dear Cisco,  Please stop making changes for the sake of change.