[rancid] mtrancid +- connection closed? Conf Diff

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Jan 17 18:57:39 UTC 2019

Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 01:04:35PM -0800, Jason Wu:
> Thank you for your response
>
> Yup, these routers are running on version 6.38.7 along side with routers
> that do not have this issue.
> There does not seem to be any regularity/pattern to this. As the dates are
> rather staggered apart. Some days it'll be continuous for a week other
> times it'll be a week before re-appearing.
>
> I am unable to reproduce it running mtrancid at the shell.(No email for a
> configuration diff). Going through the different SVN diffs gives me
>
> -Connection to <myrouter> closed
> ============================
> +Connection to <myrouter> closed
>
> thanks for your time

Could you show me more context around this line from the file in the
configs/ directory?

How kinky are you willing to be to collect debug info?  If NOPIPE=YES is
set in rancid.conf and -d is added to the script line in rancid.types.base,
then .raw files will be left behind and the rancid-run cron can be altered
to collect those files, like so:

<timespec> <rancid-run cmd>; ; D=`date +\%Y-\%m-\%d:\%H`; mkdir -p tmp/$D && cp -p <rancidgroupname>/configs/*.raw tmp/$D

and when you next discover the change, we look at the input in detail.