[rancid] Alcatel script, not parsing the commands and/or output well (/partially)

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 16 11:02:14 UTC 2019

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for Rancid, it’s a great tool to monitor configuration changes and pushing back changes.

Having Said that;

I fetched some alcatel switches which I modified a little to work on various types . These changes are trivial
changes from upstream so no real changes there actually.

It seems that most switches work just fine, but that one particular switch is not able to keep up  with the
requests. It seems that this specific switch misses commands (like ls and show interface status).
If I look back in the raw output it appears to miss characters:

# how interfaces status
                  ^
ERROR: Invalid entry: “how”

The same goes for ls, where ’s' is the command being send. Or for exit at the end which is send as “xit”.

The scripts are from: https://github.com/buraglio/alurancid (Thanks buraglio) and apart from one switch work
fine it seems.

Switching from SSH to Telnet does not make a difference.
Does someone have an suggestion on where to look?

Thanks
Remko