[rancid] Extreme switch policy backup.

Chris Davis Chris.Davis at principia.edu
Tue Jul 9 21:55:56 UTC 2019

We've just gotten a few Extreme switches (model X440-G2) and I've gotten them set up in Rancid.  But while I get the configs, I have a few policies as well.  They're kept as .pol files on the switch.  Is there a way to include the policy files in the backup that Rancid takes?  It would be particularly helpful.  I've done some searching, and seen folks ask about it.  But no real answers.  Lots of modifications to commands from 4 years ago but nothing current.  There's a command that will print it all out, just not sure how to add it into the mix.  Don't like to modify something like Rancid if there's already a way within the system to make it happen.

Thanks.
Chris