[rancid] Extreme switch policy backup.

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Jul 12 19:15:07 UTC 2019

Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 09:55:56PM +0000, Chris Davis:
> We've just gotten a few Extreme switches (model X440-G2) and I've gotten them set up in Rancid.  But while I get the configs, I have a few policies as well.  They're kept as .pol files on the switch.  Is there a way to include the policy files in the backup that Rancid takes?  It would be particularly helpful.  I've done some searching, and seen folks ask about it.  But no real answers.  Lots of modifications to commands from 4 years ago but nothing current.  There's a command that will print it all out, just not sure how to add it into the mix.  Don't like to modify something like Rancid if there's already a way within the system to make it happen.

what is the command to display the policy?  can you provide an example of
the command and output, from prompt to the next prompt?  is the output
format and order stable?

i see an incomplete example here;
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2014-May/007659.html