[rancid] Cisco devices and calculating percent free

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Nov 19 21:15:21 UTC 2020

Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 04:27:02PM +0000, Emille Blanc:
> Our patch around this (pre RANCID v3.10) was not to ignore the disk space, but rather impose an upper ceiling for our ASR920's.
> Eg;
> - !Flash: bootflash: 1339412480 bytes total (470 MB free)
> + !Flash: bootflash: 1339412480 bytes total (>300 MB free)
>
> This way, we still get insight into run-away processes that suddenly burn through the box' flash:, and it adequately stops the noise.
> Since upgrading 3.10, it has been less frequent, so we never re-patched.
>
> But can confirm, out of all our devices, it's only the ASR920's that exhibit this behavior in our environment.
> ASR901's, 1000's seem fine.

Still seems like it should not do that; that it is something that mistakingly
escaped DE.

anyway, i'm open to your solution or more suggestions.  The ios script
could do this just for the asr900 series, but even then I am not sure that
one size fits all.

Prost