[rancid] Backup Fortygate 1000D

simon ben guy20034u at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 07:44:55 UTC 2021

 Thanks Heasley, Ugo and Adam for your immediate response I really appreciateActually I am little confused and do apologize for the same.
Its been working fine also i used before clogin instead of fnlogin and was actually confused
Actually I also had  the below in my .cloginrc file
fortigate-full;script;rancid -t fortigate-fullfortigate-full;login;fnloginfortigate-full;timeout;90fortigate-full;module;fortigatefortigate-full;inloop;fortigate::inloopfortigate-full;command;fortigate::GetSystem;get system statusfortigate-full;command;fortigate::GetConf;show full-configuration
Once again i m sorry for the bother and also being so silly
thanks and Regards
simon

    On Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 06:45:00 PM GMT+3, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

 Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 05:34:27AM +0000, simon ben:
>  Dear All,
> Btw appreciate and thanks for the reply from Heasley and UGO
> As I mentioned below I am trying to backup my fortigate 1000D ( sorry for the typo mistake in my earlier email as 100D) so to test before I edit the router.db and .cloginrc file i ran the below
> /usr/local/rancid/bin/fnlogin -t 90 -c "get system status" 172.16.xx.xx i see and does not connect
>
> 172.16.xx.xxspawn telnet -K 172.16.xx.xxTrying 172.16.xx.xx...

That is unrelated to rancid.  Maybe it only accepts ssh or it has a packet
filter that is blocking you?  For ssh to be tried first you might need to
add to your cloginrc; 'add <glob> method {ssh}'

fnlogin -m 172.16.xx.xx
will show you which cloginrc lines are matching.

> Do I need to add the below commands in my .clogin.rc file like the same way i do cisco routers n switchesI do appreciate if can help me with syntax in my clogin.rc file

Those configuration are in the rancid.conf.base of rancid 3.10 or newer.