[rancid] Backup Fortygate 1000D

Adam Korab ak+rancid at mid.net
Wed Dec 8 16:16:23 UTC 2021

simon ben wrote:
> Thanks Heasley, Ugo and Adam for your immediate response I
> really
> appreciate Actually I am little confused and do apologize
> for the same.
> Its been working fine also i used before clogin instead
> of fnlogin and was actually confused
> Actually I also had  the below in my .cloginrc file

First off, use fnlogin instead of clogin - the terminal
environment/pagination/etc is different in FortiOS versus
IOS, so that's why
there's a different login script.

That's the wrong stuff for .cloginrc. That goes into
$PREFIX/etc/rancid.types.{base|conf} - and should be there
by default,
depending on your rancid version.

Your .cloginrc should look somewhat like this for a FGT,
assuming the hostname
of said FGT is fw.foo.com:

add user fw.foo.com                     admin
add password fw.foo.com                 {somepassword}
{null}
add autoenable fw.foo.com               1
add method fw.foo.com                   ssh
add identity fw.foo.com
$env(HOME)/.ssh/id_rsa

For that add identity line, this would be useful if you
enable ssh key
authentication for the admin user on the FGT.

AK