[rancid] Configuring Rancid

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jul 28 19:33:53 UTC 2021

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 01:49:01PM -0500, Chris Boyd:
> I was going to point to the ancient one I wrote for Daemon News, but it’s long gone apparently. This one looks pretty good.
>
> https://uberbruco.wordpress.com/2009/07/09/rancid-on-freebsd/
>
> Once installed, the configuration is pretty much the same, except maybe the email configuration.

rancid also comes with README and UPGRADING files that installation-related
instruction that you might find useful.  These are installed in the
datarootdir, typically <prefix>/share, but both prefix and datarootdir can
be altered by the installer, so YMMV.