[rancid] Removal of a Device Group

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:55:36 UTC 2022

I have three groups that I want to remove from RANCiD (version 3.4) w/ CVS.  I've seen previous posts about *completely* removing groups, but I'd like to keep the attic.
- one group is depopulated (that is, nothing in router.db)
- two groups still have devices that are still on my network but are no longer backup-able (Cisco autonomous AP converted to Ubiquity NanoBeam M5's and BridgeWave BW64's)

Is there an appropriate way to moving things into Attic so that the web GUI still sees the devices?  I'm ambivalent about keeping devices in their original group. I don't have an "archived / retired / don't update" group.

I know I can remove CRON jobs and remove from LIST_OF_GROUPS, I'm wondering if updating those is enough or if I should do more.

[signature_1593189312]

Weylin Piegorsch |  Manager, Network Engineering
Boston University Information Services & Technology
weylin at bu.edu<mailto:weylin at bu.edu> | 617.353.8128 | bu.edu/tech<http://www.bu.edu/tech>
Listen. Learn. Lead.