[rancid] Removal of a Device Group

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Thu Aug 25 04:42:24 UTC 2022

Thank you; it worked perfectly to:
a) update router.db to have no entries
b) do-diff the group either manually or allow the cron job to fire
c) remove the cron job and remove the group from LIST_OF_GROUPS, remove the directory from ~rancid/var, and clear the email alias from /etc/aliases

>From the CLI perspective it's all gone and my email gets no new items, but the Web GUI still shows everything (albeit with all "(dead)" devices) still having the change history, which basically works perfectly for what I need.

Weylin Piegorsch |  Manager, Network Engineering
Boston University Information Services & Technology
weylin at bu.edu | 617.353.8128 | bu.edu/tech
Listen. Learn. Lead.