[rancid] Unable to Login via clogin

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Wed May 3 05:09:54 UTC 2023

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?  I've verified password and devices names are correct, password has nothing but alphanumerics, and "ssh weylin at my-switch" login works fine from the rancid account on the same server.

[rancid at nsgv-prod-59 ~]$ read passwd
***********redacted
[rancid at nsgv-prod-59 ~]$ clogin -u weylin -p $passwd my-switch
my-switch
spawn ssh -2 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o LogLevel=ERROR -c aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc -x -l weylin my-switch
Password:
Password:

Error: Couldn't login: my-switch
[rancid at nsgv-prod-59 ~]$ clogin -V
rancid 3.4.1
[rancid at nsgv-prod-59 ~]$

[signature_1593189312]

Weylin Piegorsch |  Manager, Network Engineering
Boston University Information Services & Technology
weylin at bu.edu<mailto:weylin at bu.edu> | 617.353.8128 | bu.edu/tech<http://www.bu.edu/tech>
Listen. Learn. Lead.