[rancid] Unable to Login via clogin

Andreas Ott andreas at naund.org
Wed May 3 16:41:09 UTC 2023

In case your password has non-alphanumeric characters in it, try enclosing
the variable substitution on the shell in single or double quotes. You can
rule out if that is your issue by temporarily setting the password to just
a random string of only alphanumeric [A-Za-z0-9]. In my experience
passwords with all kinds of characters will be properly quoted and used by
clogin when they are set in {} inside .cloginrc .
-andreas