[tac_plus] Tac+ and Cisco WCS

Rupert Dobrounig Rupert.Dobrounig at sonydadc.com
Wed Jun 13 10:37:20 UTC 2007

Dear all,

we are using your Tacacs+ server for AAA on our Cisco equipment which ever
worked fine.
Now we spent some money on Cisco's new "Wirless Lan Controller" and also a
"Wirless Controll System" Server.

These kits support AAA and Tacacs in their most recent version but I
haven't got really a clue how to pair them off (neither WLC nor WCS +
tacacs).

I found some good manuals on the Cisco web
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080851f7c.shtml),
but they just state out how to use theyr ACS and that's a bit pricey if
you don't already have that server.

Mainly I failed in finding out how to use these rolebased auth methods in
your tac Server.
Maybe you already have got some experiences with this. I'd be very pleased
if you could help me.

best regards
rupert