[tac_plus] Re: Tac+ and Cisco WCS

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jun 13 15:13:47 UTC 2007

Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:37:20PM +0200, Rupert Dobrounig:
> Dear all,
>
> we are using your Tacacs+ server for AAA on our Cisco equipment which ever
> worked fine.
> Now we spent some money on Cisco's new "Wirless Lan Controller" and also a
> "Wirless Controll System" Server.
>
> These kits support AAA and Tacacs in their most recent version but I
> haven't got really a clue how to pair them off (neither WLC nor WCS +
> tacacs).
>
> I found some good manuals on the Cisco web
> (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080851f7c.shtml),
> but they just state out how to use theyr ACS and that's a bit pricey if
> you don't already have that server.
>
> Mainly I failed in finding out how to use these rolebased auth methods in
> your tac Server.

There should not be anything fancy about this.  The device probably expects an
AV-pair, such as something = role:ALL.  You just have to find out what the
something is and I don't see it in that document.

However, this may require service = ciscowlc, under which this av pair would
be.  such as:

user = foo {
  service = ciscwlc {
        something = role:ALL