[tac_plus] Auth Fail Lockout

Joe Moore joe.moore at holidaycompanies.com
Tue Mar 16 15:10:13 UTC 2010

I need to implement account lockout after multiple failed password
attempts. I know this can lead to a DOS vulnerability for router admin
accounts but I have no choice. Our PCI auditor is requiring this, and
there's no arguing with him.

I see that there was a patch for this from Mark Thomas against 4.0.4.15.
Is there a patch for the latest (4.0.4.19)?

I am running on FreeBSD 7.2. I tried to achieve this by authenticating
against PAM with the pam_abl module but that module doesn't seem to work
at this time and it may be an orphaned project and not actively
supported.

                                    ...jgm