[tac_plus] No User prompt

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:15:04 UTC 2012

I see intermittent login issue to the routers. Sometime get no login prompt
and
jump straight to Password: prompt. My guess is tacacs+ daemon gets
overloaded
and router fails to get a response from  to tacacs+ daemon.

I am running tac_plus F4.0.4.26 on  Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS 64 bit.

$ tac_plus -v
tac_plus version F4.0.4.26
ACLS
FIONBIO
LIBWRAP
LINUX
LITTLE_ENDIAN
LOG_DAEMON
PAM
NO_PWAGE
REAPCHILD
RETSIGTYPE RETSIGTYPE
SHADOW_PASSWORDS
SIGTSTP
SIGTTIN
SIGTTOU
SO_REUSEADDR
STRERROR
TAC_PLUS_PORT
UENABLE
__STDC__

Currently I see 20 tac_plus process running tied to one IP and one PORT.

Any suggestion on how to verify if it is hitting resource limitation?

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu