[tac_plus] Cisco & mandatory pairs/brocade-privlvl

Daniel Schmidt daniel.schmidt at wyo.gov
Tue Feb 21 22:00:37 UTC 2012

I previously reported that a Cisco, given the mandatory brocade-privlvl
(which it doesn’t understand), will simply default to disable.  This
assertion  appears to be incorrect.  On some devices/versions it puts you
in disable, in some it puts you in enable, and on some it flat out denies
access telling you authorization failed.  Serves me right, expecting
consistency when Heasley flat out warned me not to!  Brocades new method of
using optional av pairs will serve them better - one has to wonder if Cisco
makes it work incorrect on purpose.

Feb 21 21:30:32.346: AAA/AUTHOR (0x12B): Pick method list 'default' - FAIL

Feb 21 21:30:32.390: AAA/AUTHOR/EXEC(0000012B): Authorization FAILED

of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.