[tac_plus] auth fail lock fix or alternatives?

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 22:13:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:11:26 +0000
Joe Moore <joe.moore at holidaycompanies.com> wrote:

> [...]

Or you could just stick with 4.0.4.19

The Changelog for 4.0.4.20 has only a few changes and a lot of it to
streamline code. There are no real bugs as such, no security fixes and
the small features added either affect you or they don't.

4.0.4.22 is mainly better support for do_auth.py so you either need it
or you don't, and you know which it is.

4.0.4.23 fixes a build error and 4.0.4.21 had a serious bug (fixed in
4.0.4.22)

The point being that there's nothing there to warrant any attention at
all from a code auditor, and if he does want you to upgrade for the
sake of it then he's putting your network at risk.

I reckon that if 4.0.4.19 fully satisfies your needs out the box with
the afl patch applied, then there is no good reason not to continue
with it. Mention to the auditor that it is far better maintained and
has far fewer points of concern than IOS

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com