[tac_plus] Rehash, PAM as default auth

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Wed Mar 7 22:05:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 02:48:59PM -0700, Daniel Schmidt wrote:
> I think it was incorporated. (or somebody correct me) I'm thinking the
> syntax you want would be:
>
> default authentication = PAM

tac_plus F4.0.4.19 throws an error on this line, which is why I think a
patch is necessary -- I could've sworn there was one, but I can't find it.

> user = DEFAULT {
>      member = silly_group
> }
>
> group = silly_group {
>      default service = permit
> 	//services, do_auth, & whatever else
> }

This seems about right.

> If you get it working, you may consider writing a howto.  Some people have
> offered advice, but I don't think anybody has written a detailed "howto"
> especially one geared toward the "ldap-clueless."

Definitely consider that.  I already have incorporated a patch or two into
my tac_plus installation (mostly just using the user's auth for enable
password as well, for ASA devices), and need to write up support docs
internally anyway.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)