[tac_plus] do_auth & TCL

Daniel Schmidt daniel.schmidt at wyo.gov
Thu Jun 6 22:45:00 UTC 2013

I've discovered an incompatibility between do_auth and TCL scripts and
recommend that anybody authorizing on commands used in their TCL scripts
NOT use do_auth without prior testing.  And by "fixed," I really mean the
usual: Find a work around for Cisco's lack of consistency in their Tacacs
implementation.

Short Technical:
TCL commands auth with an ip of 'async', NO username, NO device name and
that really confuses the #*@& out of getopt().  Maybe I'll have to finally
get around to cobbling my own argv parser.  (Volunteers welcome)

Suggested workaround:
Assign command to priv-lvl 1 & don't auth on priv-lvl 1.  Ex:
privilege exec level 1 show your_command

of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.