[tac_plus] Git repo for tac_plus?

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.net
Wed Jan 21 09:11:20 UTC 2015

Hello Shrubbery,

where is the source code for tac_plus hosted? I can't seem to find
anything but the tarball available on your web page. I'm afraid the
answer is that there is no git repo, correct?

This is essentially the de facto tacacs+ implementation for anyone who
do not wish to purchase software. I believe the lack of a public git
repo (like on github) seriously fragments the community of users and
potential developers which hampers further development. There are a
number of repos on github named something like tac_plus, most of which
have an initial commit like "import from shrubbery" and then a few
commits on top of that. There's no one common tree with all the nice
patches.

By offering a standard git repo I think the community could unite and
spend more time on the right things instead of maintaining individual
repos. What do you think?

Kind regards,
   Kristian.