[tac_plus] Aruba controllers

Cal Man calman at imageworks.com
Thu Dec 8 17:22:03 UTC 2016

Hello-
I'm having some trouble getting Aruba controllers to authenticate to
tac_plus. Aruba TAC tells me the config is right on their side, but the
tac_plus server shows a login failure in the logs. Accounting works,
though. Full AAA is working fine for our Arista, Juniper, and Brocade gear.

My research has indicated that I need to add "protocol = common" to the
config, but anywhere I add it, the service will not restart. Here's the
relevant portion of the config that I do have.

group = admin {
  default service = permit
  login = PAM
  acl = default
  pap = cleartext "aruba"
  service = aruba {
    Aruba-Admin-Role = root
#  protocol = common !this is where I suspect it's supposed to go
  }
  service = AMP {
    role = "AMP Administrator"
  }