[tac_plus] MSCHAP authen fails always

Justin (Xiaogang) Huang xihuang at SonicWALL.com
Mon Feb 1 09:15:59 UTC 2016

Hi shrubbery,

Could you pls help to confirm this?

BRs,
Justin Huang
TEL: 86-21-65100909 ext.42463

From: Justin (Xiaogang) Huang
Sent: 2016年1月22日 10:45
To: 'tac_plus at shrubbery.net'
Subject: MSCHAP authen fails always

Hi,

First many thanks for your great open source implementation.

I’ve tried this tac_plus server(F4.0.4.28) and succeeded to authen with PAP/CHAP but always failed with MS-CHAP.
I dumped some more debug info and found that the NT compatible response was generated wrongly in server. The MD4 password hash is correct. But the DES encryption is not. Here I used the data in RFC2433 B.2 as the reference.

Please have a check and keep me informed if you confirm/reject it and/or make it fixed. Thanks.

BRs,
Justin Huang
TEL: 86-21-65100909 ext.42463