[tac_plus] Need your help

John Fraizer john at op-sec.us
Mon Mar 19 21:21:51 UTC 2018

It is likely that one of two things is causing the 'reboot' command to
succeed even though you have it forbidden in your tac_plus config.

(1) The TACACS+ implementation on your brocade devices is not sending
command authorization requests and is only doing login authorization.

(2) Another possibility is that the brocade does RBAC.  This can make
things a bit more difficult but, its not a show-stopper.  At least with
JUNOS, you can do some very fancy things using AV-PAIRS.  It is much easier
to use an "after authorization" script like do_auth.py.  See
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/tac_plus/2015-April/001622.html for a
detailed example.

Note: With RBAC, once a user has logged in and the AV-PAIRS have been
passed to the device, it will never ask permission for anything else for
the duration of that login session.  So, if you are tinkering with your
tac_plus/do_auth config and not seeing changes in device behavior, remember
that you need to log out and then back in to get the new AV_PAIRS.

--
John Fraizer
LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnfraizer/