[tac_plus] Questions regarding tacacs+ server config file

John Fraizer john at op-sec.us
Mon Mar 26 07:28:11 UTC 2018

Take a look at http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/tac_plus/2015-April/
001622.html

It will look something like this:

key = "blah-blah-blah"
accounting file = /some/location/tacplus.acct

default authentication = file /etc/passwd

#
# Default group to run all command authentication through do_auth.
#
group = doauthaccess {
        default service = permit

        service = exec {
                priv-lvl = 1
                optional idletime = 30
                optional acl = 2
                shell:roles="\"network-operator vdc-operator\""
                }

        service = junos-exec {
                bug-fix = "first pair is lost"
                local-user-name = "remote"
                allow-commands = "(.*exit)|(show cli auth.*)"
                deny-commands = ".*"
                allow-configuration = ""
                deny-configuration = ".*"
                }
    after authorization "/usr/bin/python /some-location/do_auth.py -i
$address -u $user -d $name -l /some-location/do_auth.log -f
/some-location/do_auth.ini"
}

#
# Default user - Used when no user specific stanza exists in tac_plus.conf.
#
user = DEFAULT {
    member = doauthaccess
    login = PAM
}

Notice that there are two stanzas... One for 'exec' (cisco, cisco-like) and
'junos-exec' (Juniper)...  You simply need to know what 'service' the
device in question is going to use and you need a stanza for it...

--
John Fraizer
LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnfraizer/