blogin Timeout

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu May 2 21:59:13 UTC 2002

Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:30:23PM -0300, andrew.reynolds at nspower.ca:

> I'd also be interested in knowing if anyone has gotten this to work on a
> Nortel Passport (Accelar) 8600, with firmware 3.0.2. I can use blogin to
> run commands, but even after updating brancid to use the correct commands
> to turn off cli paging and to dump the config, I don't seem to be able to
> retrieve the config automatically.

are these differences between the platforms or just the newer software?
brancid currently runs

        'bcc'                   => "RunCommand",
        'show config'           => "ShowConfig",
        'show config -all'      => "ShowConfig",

what are the new equivalents?  does the bay produce a consistent error
for unknown commands like the cisco's "Invalid input detected" such
that we could send both sets of commands?

does blogin -c 'bcc;show config;show config -all' router work?  where
does it fail?