Rancid 2.3 RC1

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Tue Jan 13 04:13:14 UTC 2004

On 12/01/2004 2:52 PM, john heasley wrote:

[i have some brief notes about the patches i submitted]

>Hello Rancid users,
>	It has been quite some time since the release of 2.2.2.  2.3
>is very close.  We have a few more small bits on the to-do list before
>release.
>
>	RC1 has seen some testing.  The looking glass has not been tested
>much.  The following changes need more exposure or have not been tested by us.
>
>        rancid: skip show vlan for (3550|4500|7600) - from Andrew Fort

This is because the VLANs should be in your main ('running')
configuration on these platforms if you're using any recent release and
"vtp mode transparent" is in your master config along with
"spanning-tree extend system-id" as opposed to stored solely in vlan.dat
- that is, if you're using "extended range VLAN support" as cisco call
it (all 12-bits of 802.1q VLAN ID tag supported).   If you don't have
this enabled, you should comment out the line of code in subroutine
ShowVLAN that reads:

        return(1) if ($type =~ /^(3550|4500|7600)$/);

>        Riverstone/Enterasys updates from Andrew Fort

This is a replacement of the existing Riverstone login program (which
worked poorly at my site and some others on various different expect/OS
combinations) and may break your logins due to added functionality (we
handle RADIUS failures and so on now).  So, changes to your .cloginrc
are required.  Please read the end of the cloginrc example file in the
distribution for an example of where your initial login pass, enable
pass (aka last resort) and TAC+/RADIUS username and password goes for
one of these babies.

For those who tested this code privately, you shall need to make those
changes - sorry for the wasted electrons.

-afort