[rancid] Re: Issues with inherited install of Rancid

Lance rancid at gheek.net
Mon Oct 1 15:53:25 UTC 2007

Erik,

A while back I posted something called PSV. It basically prints to each
file the version of the scripts used to collect the data at the top of
the files. This helps in knowing "1" what versions you are running to
get each configs data and "2" identifying where you have received errors
when doing an upgrade (you would see what script versions have been
updated).

Read this thread to see the script I wrote and an example output of it.

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-September/001777.html

In regards to upgrading, it is easy as along as you keep the same
CVS/SVN repo. If you change your repo then you have some challenges to
over come.

Lastly, RANCID is not a single script. It is a collection of scripts.

-Lance