[rancid] Re: CVS problem

Mike Ashcraft mashcraft at omniture.com
Fri Aug 22 22:23:08 UTC 2008

This is caused by the files in the config directories that were created by rancid-run not being originally checked out from the local instance of CVS.

run ‘cvs update’ as the rancid user in the config directory for every group and then run bin/rancid-run  again to get the current configurations from the devices.

If that doesn’t work, it is hard to guess what other things may be wrong/not working so it would be easiest to roll back to a clean install and then copy your .cloginrc and router.db files back in.  The main purpose of this would be to re-install and properly configure your CVS repository.