[rancid] Re: Question and potential feature request

Lance Vermilion rancid at gheek.net
Fri Mar 7 03:57:34 UTC 2008

All,

Correct me if I am wrong but RANCID is suppose to backup your
configurations. It does that very well. Having to all this extra
figuring out etc can add extra fat in the scripts to make it figure
what it should be doing and yet it still may not always work. If
something fails you will get an email from RANCID. That should be a
pretty good heads up that something has been changed. To me that is
when I also go and verify nothing else has changed. As a network admin
I like to know what is changing.

Sam pointed a very simple solution to bring it front and center and
allow it to get a ticket opened on it etc. Then again it does require
some knowledge of programming.

Just my two cents.

-Lance