[rancid] Cisco ASA+WLC script

Michael Maymann michael at maymann.org
Fri Mar 9 11:23:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

Daniel+DenyIPAnyAny: Thanks for your quick reply :) !

1. I'm running rancid 2.3.6... don't have any wlogin anywhere... can't see
any in 2.3.8 either - how do I get wlogin ?
I'm doing this because I have some equipment that rancid doesn't support,
that I also need backed-up (and don't know expect that well). So just
created a little wrapper around Rancid to perfect things for me.

2. How do you backup your ASA's ?
nothing is wrong with my .clogin:
---
add method * ssh
#add method * telnet
add user * USR
add password * {PWD} {enable_PWD}
add autoenable * {1}
---
works fine, logging in and trying to run command(s) and exits - but doesn't
enter enable mode and therefore can't run commands like "more
system:running-config" that is working fine manually logging in to enable
mode:
-bash-3.2$ /usr/libexec/rancid/clogin -f ~/.cloginrc_cisco -c "more
system:running-config" HOST
HOST
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin HOST
USR at HOST's password:
Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.
HOST>
HOST> terminal length 0
           ^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
HOST>  more system:running-config
          ^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
HOST>exit

Logoff

Connection to HOST closed.

Thanks in advance :-) !