[rancid] - problem sending mail and matching configuration

Paolo De Michele paolo at paolodemichele.it
Fri Mar 9 11:18:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,

using rancid 2.3.8 with os ubuntu 11.04 server.
I did the various configurations and are quite happy with it.
My problem is that when software rancid makes a matching configuration
creates a new file.

What I would do is this:
    - create a file when the new configuration is detected ( OK )
    - send me an email with the changes detected in the new configuration

I failed in any way using /etc/aliases and sendmail to send a mail to an
address of a royal domain.
can you help me somehow?
thanks in advance