[rancid] problem with rancid on centos7

Angelo Höngens A.Hongens at netmatch.nl
Sat Feb 20 15:53:50 UTC 2016

Hey, I have an issue with rancid that I've been trying to debug. Rancid from epel won't work on my CentOS 7 boxes, and I'm hoping one of you can help me. I'm using the epel rpm, since I deploy everything from puppet (no custom compiling or whatever). I first thought it was a bug in the packaging by the epel package manager (and opened a bugzilla report), but I found out that if I recompile the package myself I get the same result.

I just blew away my VM and installed a new CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 machine from a clean template (I use for >200 other machines). I did a yum install rancid, which installed rancid-3.2-2.el7.x86_64 from epel7.

Why I see is that clogin works as root (and gives a correct error):

[root at nmo-ran-02 ~]# /usr/libexec/rancid/clogin foo
Error: password file (/root/.cloginrc) does not exist

But not as user:

[rancid at nmo-ran-02 ~]$ /usr/libexec/rancid/clogin foo
Error: invalid command name "aadd"

I have no idea where this aadd command comes from.. I see no differences in bash profile configs or the like.

Ideas?

Angelo Hongens