[rancid] router config diffs

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Oct 25 17:16:22 UTC 2018

Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 04:46:48AM +0000, Wayne Eisenberg:
> > I'd go with changing control_rancid.  Search for
> >
> > # Mail out the diffs (if there are any).
> > if [ -s $TMP.diff ] ; then
>
> Bingo. I found my tweak. Thanks, Lee! Instead of actually sending the email, I had just redirected it to /dev/null.
>
> -        ) | $SENDMAIL -t $MAILOPTS
> +       ) > /dev/null
>
> Maybe that could be a config choice in rancid.conf (if it were a global switch) or .cloginrc (if you wanted to turn off mail for specific devices or groups)?
>
> Best Regards,
> Wayne

why?  there are 3 manners of affecting the same result, but without modifying
the installed base and without needing to remember that change following the
next upgrade.  embrace the unix methodology - assemble (pipe) simple tools
for complex results.